Fibre Stretches Me Out of My Comfort Zone

This upcoming weekend I head to a fibre show about an hour away.  It is a small fibre show just in its second year but we’ve picked up a few more artisans between the first year and this one.  I expect to meet up with a dozen fibre artisans and look forward to the shared ideas. 

Sometimes I catch myself feeling very torn, on one hand feeling that fibre and artwork have little to offer except that I like to do them so I do, but always as a secondary hobby.   On the other hand feeling like the art and the subject are an essential ingredient that adds perspective and without them I would lose my way, and so maybe they should have a front and centre role.  

I flip flop like this all the time but somehow continue to create either way, trying to find my way and all the while feeling very shy and tentative.  Going to a face-to-face, public fibre show will stretch my comfort zone.  This is one of the pieces I’ll pack up and take with me to display.  


Young Innocence
8 x 10 needle felted wool. Gallery wrapped over a canvas frame and ready to hang.



7 comments:

  1. Aww, how neat. You surely do have a lot of "interests;" and you are so good at all of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's interesting. I see them as all connected and so it doesn't feel as though there are many.

      Delete
  2. Oh Arlette, how strongly I believe we are made in the image of our Creator Who creates. I believe He puts within each individual a passion to create. It is so strong at times we cannot deny it. Truly, you have been gifted with exceptional talent that reflects the beauty and wonder of creation. It is as crucial as shepherding sheep. It involves your heart, soul, and spirit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for this Marie, creating certainly does feel like it involves my heart, soul and spirit.

      Delete
  3. Are you kidding? You have nothing to fear...it's absolutely beautiful, so go and enjoy yourself. You are right up there with the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm beginning to get that... slowly but it's seeping in. Thanks Judi.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts