Lily Update

I appreciate the comments on the photo of myself and the large-dog crew. It really is a rare photo because a) I'm in it and b) so are all seven lgd's - having all seven dogs in one place does not happen very often.  We were in a bit of rush to get the photo before one or more dogs wandered off. 

Lily is doing quite well.  She has a slight hitch/limp in her step but if you didn't know to watch her for it you would probably miss it.  Changing direction and doing turns off her hindquarters is when the leg fails her.  She has to think about jumping fences now whereas before she jumped without hesitation, all in one motion.  I'd rather she never jumped them at all but she is an athletic and determined dog. 


She has reasserted herself as matriarch of the pasture once more so Tex is showing up with the dogging sheep more and more often now because she pushes him out.  I expect Lily and Wren will have some disagreements as Wren matures although it may be that Wren is enough of a softie that she'll avoid that at all costs.  Wren is not a confident pup.  Birdie seems to have won Lily over though but Birdie is still such a pup that she isn't really on Lily's radar yet. 


8 comments:

  1. I am very, very glad to hear that Lily is doing well!! I can't imagine my Bess ever jumping over a fence, although I have seen her clear some big fallen trees while running in the woods.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good news about Lily. I don't know what "dogging" sheep means; and neither does the Internet. ??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dogging sheep are non-breeding sheep used for training the stock dogs. They are always separate from the main flock and closer to the yard for my convenience.

      Delete
  3. I so love the picture of Lily with the lambs...it's wonderful. I hope that leg continues to get stronger for her as time goes on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You were right about her making a good recovery and surprising us.

      Delete
  4. So glad to hear Lily doing well,I am sure a lot to do with the care you gave her..I had a Labrador bitch that ruled several stud dogs and all the other bitches..was a super worker..once you got her to see she was going to do it the way you wanted..she would listen while I explained,think about it, and after a bit we had agreement.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous picture! And so glad Lily's doing well :-D.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts