Monday, April 17, 2017

Needle Felted Artwork, Bearded Collie

The handful of Bearded Collies I know, I know through herding and the reference photo for this artwork was provided by a friend who has been to our herding clinics almost every year we’ve hosted them.  This is her dog, Drift.

Months ago, when I first asked her about the photo I planned on drawing the scene.  When I came back to the photo more recently I changed my mind and decided to attempt doing it with wool.

I worked on this piece in every spare moment I had this weekend.  I was wary of it when I started but once the first layer was in place I sensed what it could be and had to see if that was the case or not.

The piece is made with a variety of wools including Shetland, Corriedale, Romney, Border Leicester and a bit of yarn I don’t know the make up of.
No title. Approximately 12 x 16 inches.  Needle felted.


6 comments:

  1. Once again, beautiful work. I really like this. It's great when a person is creating something, and in the beginning you get a sense of what you can do with it. Even better when it turns out! I can almost feel being there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, even better when it turns out! Thanks Judi.

      Delete