Unusual LGD

There is new guardian dog at the neighbours, just up the road from here.  After getting permission to be there I took a drive to see if I could get some photos.  I’ve visited a few flocks and several guardian dogs on my trips here but have not yet come across any that look like this fellow.


It was mid afternoon and I woke him from a sound sleep. He was very wary and wasn’t about to let me anywhere close to him.  I don’t know what breeds he is comprised of; I’d take a wild guess that he has a white breed and perhaps Anatolian or Mastiff and maybe Komondor.



Trying to get better photos only succeeding in pushing him further back and off his sheep.  I let him be and took a few photos of some of the members of his flock instead.


5 comments:

  1. Hmmm. No doubt a very good boy, but not exactly handsome. I can't imagine trying to groom him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looks a bit like an Irish Wolfhound...

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's a wild and crazy guy! Kinda cute, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see where he would be effective against predators. He has that creepy look like my llama, Caterina!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He looks just like a kyiapso livestock guardian dog, but that is a rare breed...

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts