In The Sun's Rays


A calm winter evening, it’s beauty heightened by the fact that it is winter; it would be remiss to take a gorgeous evening for granted during the winter season.

The ewes seem decently content. Most evenings they have returned to the communal area before dark and many will already be settled and chewing cud.

I don't feel quite as content but have cause.  I am leaving next week, heading to Montana for a visit and to take care of Burradoo Ranch once again. I’m busy with preparations at home so that life is as easy care as it can be for Allen who will take care of things while I’m away.

I do not have specific plans for my time in Montana, just one side trip to stop by and visit with Tanner and company, Tanner is the cream Kelpie who was here last summer.   Otherwise I’ll be busy with all the dogs of Burradoo and exploring the land.  I’ll be taking two dogs with me (and my camera and laptop ...).  




7 comments:

  1. I hope you have a great trip. Maybe you could bring Tanner back to stay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, goodie. Looking forward to hearing/seeing all about Burradoo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you a swell trip to Montana, Arlette. The winter sunset photo of your sheep is lovely. I will be looking forward to hearing about your trip. Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is the ranch near Red Lodge? I remember your staying there last year. Hope you come back with lots of great memories and pictures, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An hour or so from Red Lodge. Same place as last year, yes.

      Delete
  5. Have a splendid trip. It's good to get away from time to time to get perspective and to feel the blessings of homecoming once again. Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone, I have arrived and am settling into the routine of this Montana ranch and all it's creatures.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts