Status Quo Until Then

I had a couple days of quiet and calm, of not working any dogs, or moving the flock (although that streak ended this morning); just doing morning and evening chores and taking extra long walks. There was time to take a couple of the Kelpies to the vet for planned procedures we put off earlier. That meant some driving time which always nets time to think.  I’m also attempting to organize a whole lot of photographs. The task feels like a bit of a waste of time, however, the more I use that camera the more necessary it gets to organize the thousands of photos that are a result of it.

walking with kelpies
Another photo from the files
Throughout the calm there is a good deal percolating through my mind much of which is centered on this thread we’re unraveling. The blessing is that Allen and I are in a good position to make some choices and not feel forced. Meanwhile we’ll keep status quo until we know what we want to do otherwise.

Part of what I seek is finding creative ways to make a difference beyond our individual back forty here. To do that will take creative insight and effort and there is plenty of that bottled up inside of me. Perhaps not knowing how to let it out is what is eating at me.


3 comments:

  1. I just saw your comment from the other day....This is just me, but I think it would be scary to straight out rent land for others to use for their own cattle and/or sheep. I would be afraid that they would not respect their stock and the land the way that I do. Even when I think I really know someone, sometimes their practices can surprise me in an unpleasant way.
    I am confident that with time, you and Allen will come up with a plan that will be beneficial to you and your community.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. 10 - 11 years. Started with five the first year. Then bought thirty bred ewes and tried lambing. Then bought a flock of 200 head.

      Delete

Popular Posts