A Rough Stretch

I know I’ve had a rough stretch because ending the life of two ewes this evening was the part of the day that felt the smoothest, and for a moment, righted my world with honour and strength for life.

We had an incredibly long day with the sheep yesterday, sorting, weighing, and tagging lambs.  When we were done, it was well past dark.  We had a tiny bite to eat, a very fast shower to wash off the grime, and went to bed.  I didn’t even look at the computer.

In my mind, today was supposed to be a tad easier.  It was anything but, and being as tired as I am after yesterday, all the hiccups of late piled up.  I sat in the grass and cried in frustration and self pity then went about the rest of the day.

There are many, many good days in this life, as you well know through this blog, but on occasion things just come undone and I unravel right along with them.  I don’t always hold it together, and I’m not always able to mind my way out of a tough go.

Yes, it passes, and overall life is good. Yet some nugget is loosened when I write of it and say, yeah, it’s my challenge too, as I’m sure it is for many of you, also working hard to keep a life in some semblance of positive chaos instead of negative.


6 comments:

  1. I am glad you can write of the rough times,I would think it helps see them sometimes in a different light.Oddly I am going through one of the very challenging times myself..as I am 84 I have to sort things rather quickly..Working with animals is always a challenge..done it all my life.Do hope things are looking 'up' soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone I know who has a life such as yours has shared the same words with me and I too have done the same as far as the unraveling goes. It helps us all to know that we are not alone and that there is always the good with the bad in any life we choose. It just manifests itself in different ways. I am personally grateful that you shared a piece of your life with us for the selfish reason that it helps me put my life into perspective and that I'm not the only one who faces the chaos, exhaustion and disappointment at times. You're one of my biggest heroes. I'm sure to others, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope tomorrow is a better day for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just know we are all there with you, and you will ever be alone. Your sharing of yourself touches us all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the words of encouragement and support, here and via email. It sure helped and I feel truly touched. Connections - they matter.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts