Saturday, November 28, 2015

Well Received!

This is the piece of artwork I couldn’t show in an earlier post because it was a gift on its way to the recipient who might have seen it here before it arrived, and which I had forgotten to take a photo of before it left, so had nothing to share anyway.

Well Annabel of Double A Ranch received her gift today (the link takes you to her Facebook page). She also checked back to this blog and sent me a photo of the piece!


Here’s the story behind it. Remember that trip I took to Montana this past March - during that trip I went to visit Annabel at her ranch and took photos of her sheep and dogs. Then Annabel sent me home with a trunk full of wool.

Well this piece is her livestock guardian dog Kit. It is 100% wool, needle felted with the wool Annabel gifted me; the wool from the Targhee and Romney sheep Annabel raises and Kit watches over. Even the colored bits were pulled from the stash Annabel gifted me. A gift in return for her gift.

I’m pleased to report this was a real surprise to Annabel and she loves it. She plans to frame it and hang it. Appreciation of the art, the best compliment an artist can ask for.

5 comments:

  1. Hello...I live down the highway from the Double A Ranch. Though I have only met Annabel in passing, at the ranch's annual shearing day last year, I can say I recognized this wool felted version of Kit as soon as I saw it on Annabel's Facebook page. It is a wonderful likeness of her guardian dog. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arlette ~ What a beautiful gift in return! It's amazing! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Arlette ~ What a beautiful gift in return! It's amazing! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you everyone for the comments, here and by email. I do really appreciate the acknowledgement and kindness. Reading Annabel's email and hearing her reaction to the piece was wonderful.

    ReplyDelete