Friday, November 20, 2015

Coming Off The Easel

A couple pieces have come off the easel recently.  Recall this piece from a week ago - it was giving me trouble at the start...


... here’s what it turned out to be.


I’m not sure on the background, I had it in mind to do something to it but now I kind of like the bright blue so long as the background is minimal, like I have it cropped in this photo.  On the original the canvas is a larger size and the blue is too much.  

The other completed piece is another needle felted one although I can’t share it with you just yet as it’s a gift for someone and I also forgot to take a photo before it left.  When it’s received I’ll ask for a photo!  It is a good piece, one I really wish I had a photo of.  I also touched up the Kelpie sketch and sent it off to the lady who took the reference photo.  A productive week.

We received a blast of winter weather a couple days ago, and our landscape has been transformed into a winter white one.  I’ve officially settled into the studio again - just when I have to leave it.  I’m traveling for meetings next week.  I plan to do a post or two while I’m away, but we’ll see what I manage to figure out while on the road.

6 comments:

  1. I like that blue background!
    I can't believe we are so lucky with our weather in Upstate NY. We are having sunny days and not too cold. Not like last year. My cattle and sheep are hanging outside working on their suntans! I hope your weather does not become too severe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness Arlette, it's absolutely beautiful! The rich, blue background is stunning. The eyes, the expression, everything is so lifelike. I am in awe of your talent!

    Warm Regards, Lisa in Oregon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lisa, I appreciate the comment dearly.

      Delete
  3. I love her! Especially how you worked her wool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect! I agree with Sara... especially like how you worked her wool! And I do like the blue :-) Very nice, Arlette :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the feedback ladies. I appreciate that the blue is favoured.

    ReplyDelete