Tuesday, August 11, 2015

A Watchful Pair

Creating artwork is a bit like the ranch work in that there are often several tasks/processes on the go at the same time.  On second thought perhaps that’s just a reflection of how I work.

When I am deep into artwork I also discover that I yearn to take my camera out more and watch the sheep and the dogs.  Having good photographs is the start of the process for my artwork and so I’m looking around the place with a different eye than I might on a ho hum day or when I’m in a ho hum phase of life.

There are some scenes sitting in the recesses of my mind that I want to capture in a photo and/or a piece of artwork, and then there are some scenes that I don’t know are there until I am out taking photographs and being in the right place at the right time.




2 comments: