Wooly Abundance

These lovelies are gifts received over the past year from Canada, the USA and South Africa.  They are resting upon a lovely orange and purple rock I brought home from Montana and the wool behind them is part of a parcel Andrea gifted me today when she came by to collect the fleeces she set aside on shearing day.

There is wool from breeds of sheep I have not yet laid eyes on in the flesh.  Old English Southdown, Shetlands, Jacob, and Scottish Blackface.  There are baggies of small rovings of various colors - perfect for a needle felting artist.  Once again I am in awe of the generosity.

I would love to leave this little collection sit as I have propped it here in my art studio but it will need to move on to make room for felting projects.  There are many reminders in this little collection; of people and places and the connections I have with each of them. 

1 comment:

Popular Posts