Blooming Prairie

After a morning walk last week, I returned to the house, grabbed up the camera and headed back out. Everything on the prairie is showcasing its blooming glory. We have a short window of summer blooms, and each year I am here, my appreciation of the summer prairie landscape deepens.

Lest you get lead astray, rest assured, I am not a green thumb, nor a gardener and I don’t know the names of half these plants. Yet it doesn’t matter to me that I don’t know their names, because they don’t either. What matters is that I appreciate that they are here. That I understand I would not be here raising sheep in this manner, without all these species being present.

Tonight I had a moment to get the photos cropped and re-sized. Enjoy.

The purple and pink of Alfalfa and Sanfoin

Baby's Breath

Trees setting seed



Our beautiful, although greatly despised, Canadian Thistle



Cicer Milkvetch

Even the Cattails ...

Precious Grass



Meadow Brome

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts