Small Wonders

That ewe with pneumonia I wrote about in the post Nature’s Culling is still with us.

She is still in a pen in the shearing shed. She is eating, drinking and is very concerned when I approach. When we first placed her in there she laid down, having little energy to do much else. Now when I look in on her she is nervously wild, darting to the opposite side of the pen, then standing to face me, eyes wide, ears alert. Being from a large flock she is not familiar with one on one handling and is certainly not a pet. Being a sheep all on her own also causes her to panic easily. 

I may turn her out with the flock again tomorrow sometime. She is still terribly thin but I think she’ll keep up now and the abundant food and company will do her good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts