Year of Stock Dogs

I am looking forward to an upcoming year of working the stock dogs.

Jayde is the reliable standby chore dog. She has a good foundation and some solid, basic, farm work skills. I'm hoping to push her a little further and do more with her - like figuring out how to shed.

Last fall, Cajun and I hit a wall and completely crumbled and since then have slowly been working our way through that. There are many challenges ahead of me with this dog. Some days it feels daunting but most days it feels entirely possible.

Gibson has arrived and while his training will be pretty light this presents the thrill of molding a new dogs first few attempts at working livestock.

And probably the best part, although sometimes the hardest one to accept, is the confrontations I'll face about myself and the insights the dogs will present me with along the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts